Thursday 19 April 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1979). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kate Hudson and Challen Sievers in Downers Grove.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Knock On Wood by Amii Stewart.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Little Romance, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Coup by John Updike was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Neighbour in Australia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Samurai (Europe) Dynasty! (US) or Super Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1979
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1979 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Kate Hudson: American actress seen in the films "Dr. T and the Women," 2000, and "Almost Famous," 2000.
- Challen Sievers in Downers Grove: Illinois; rhythmic gymnast (Olympics-1996).
- Mariah Billado: Miss Vermont Teen-USA (1997).
- Matthew Pace: American entrepreneur.
- Kourtney Kardashian: Celebrity.
- Zhao Junzhe: Chinese footballer.
- Nicole Raczynski: American wrestler.
- Antoaneta Stefanova: Bulgarian chess player.
- Rocky Bernard: American football player.
- FCC raids and shuts down pirate radio station WFAT (Brooklyn NY)
- Johnson brawl, Gossage sustains a sprained ligament in his left thumb
- Following a 6-3 loss to the Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees' Goose Gossage and Cliff Johnson brawl, Gossage sustains a sprained ligament in his left thumb.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- G.Q. - Disco Nights (Rock-Freak)
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- The Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- George Benson - Love Ballad
- Chic - I Want Your Love
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- Foxy - Hot Number
- Instant Funk - I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl)
- Narada Michael Walden - I Don't Want Nobody Else (To Dance With You)
- Alton McClain & Destiny - It Must Be Love
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?