Saturday 19 June 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Cooper and Gilda Giuliani.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1954 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Jim Cooper: (Rep-D-Tennessee, 1983- ).
- Gilda Giuliani: Italian singer, mainly successful in the 1970s.
- Johnnie LeMaster: American sportsman, a Major League Baseball infielder who played for 12 seasons (1975–1985 and 1987) for four teams, including 10 seasons for the San Francisco Giants.
- Philippe Manœuvre: French journalist, radio and television presenter, specializing in rock music.
- Kathleen Turner: American actress.
- Mike O'Brien: English lawyer and politician Solicitor General for England and Wales
- 54th US Golf Open: Ed Furgol shoots a 284 at Baltusrol Golf Club - New Jersey
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Western Golf Open
- Tasmanian Devil, debuts in Devil May Hare by Warner Bros
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 June 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?