Saturday 3 January 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Wurtz and Marcel Rogemont.
Secret Beyond the Door..., directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Superman Serials: The Complete 1948 & 1950 Theatrical Serials Collection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 1948 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Francis Wurtz: French politician, a Member of the European Parliament from 1979 until 2009.
- Marcel Rogemont
- Larry McNeeley in Lafayette: Indiana, USA; banjo player (Glen Campbell Hour).
- Manfred Kokot: East German runner (world record 50 metre indoor).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?