Tuesday September 16, 1986US date format: 9/16/1986, UK date format: 16/9/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 16, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roman Kolinka and Ian Harding.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Tough Guys, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while A Matter Of Honor by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Bucks Trivia or Airheart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1986 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Roman Kolinka
- Ian Harding: American Actor.
- Kyla Pratt: American actress.
- Hasib Hussain: British alleged terrorist, thought by...
- Poppy Delevingne: Model.
- Gordon Beckham: American baseball player.
- Jenna Marbles: Celebrity.
- Heidi Montag: Celebrity.
- Farina Pao: Actress and singer Urban and Caribbean...
- Fire in Kinross gold mine, Transvaal South Africa, 177 killed
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Bananarama - Venus
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Regina - Baby Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain
- Levert - (Pop Pop Pop Pop) Goes My Mind
- All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam With Full Force Featuring Paul Anthony & Bow Legged Lou
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Cameo - Word Up
- Ashford & Simpson - Count Your Blessings
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Earth Angel (From "The Karate Kid, Part II") - New Edition
- El DeBarge - Love Always
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?