Sunday 21 September 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsey Stirling and Faris Badwan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Tough Guys, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while I'Ll Take Manhattan by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asterix and the Magic Cauldron or Gemstone Healer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1986 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Lindsey Stirling: Violinist.
- Faris Badwan: English singer-songwriter (The Horrors and Cat's Eyes).
- Blake Mills
- Aldis Hodge: Actor.
- Pierre Wigny: Belg Minister of Foreign Affairs (1958-61), dies at 81.
- 38th Emmy Awards: Golden Girls, Cagney and Lacey and Michael J Fox win
- Miami Dan Marino passes for 6 touchdowns vs. New York Jets (51-45)
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA Konica San Jose Golf Classic
- SD Padre Jimmy Jones pitchs 1-hitter in his major league debut
- New Orleans Saints' Mel Gray returns kickoff 101 yards for a touchdown.
- New York Jets beat Miami Dolphins 51-45 in overtime; record 884 passing yards.
- Cheryl Keeton is found dead in her van on the Sunset Highway (California), inspiring the novel Dead By Sunset.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 September 1986
- Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Cowboys : 37 - 35
- Denver Broncos - Philadelphia Eagles : 33 - 7
- Houston Oilers - Kansas City Chiefs : 13 - 27
- Los Angeles Rams - Indianapolis Colts : 24 - 7
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Bananarama - Venus
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Regina - Baby Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain
- Levert - (Pop Pop Pop Pop) Goes My Mind
- All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam With Full Force Featuring Paul Anthony & Bow Legged Lou
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Cameo - Word Up
- Ashford & Simpson - Count Your Blessings
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Earth Angel (From "The Karate Kid, Part II") - New Edition
- El DeBarge - Love Always
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?