Monday September 01, 1986
US date format: 9/1/1986, UK date format: 1/9/1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean Sarkozy and Gaël Monfils.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Venus by Bananarama.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Starman, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hacker II: The Doomsday Papers or Les Pyramides d'Atlantys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1986?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
- Betsy King wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic
- Paul McCartney releases Press to Play album
- Texas Rangers O McDowell and Porter are 7th to hit consecutive pinch HRs
- Establishment of Jordan University of Science and Technology in Jordan.
- Murray Hamilton: Actor (Rich Man Poor Man), dies at 63.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 01, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bananarama - Venus
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Billy Ocean - Love Zone
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam With Full Force Featuring Paul Anthony & Bow Legged Lou - All Cried Out
- Levert - (Pop Pop Pop Pop) Goes My Mind
- Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason
- Patti LaBelle - Oh, People
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Whodini - One Love
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 01If September 01, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 1 month old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 01, 1986?
On September 01, 1986 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is September 01, 1986?
On September 01, 1986 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 01, 1986?
On September 01, 1986 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 01, 1986?
On September 01, 1986 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on September 01, 1986?
On September 01, 1986 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on September 01, 1986?
On September 01, 1986 several famous people were born including, Jean Sarkozy, Gaël Monfils, World War II.
Which famous people died on September 01, 1986?
Famous people died on September 01, 1986 include, Murray Hamilton.
What was the number one song in September 01, 1986?
The number one song in the week of September 01, 1986 was Venus by Bananarama in US and Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards in UK.
What were the top hits on September 01, 1986?
The top hits on September 01, 1986 were Venus by Bananarama, Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun) by Berlin, Higher Love by Steve Winwood in US and Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards, I Want To Wake Up With You by Boris Gardiner, So Macho / Cruising by Sinitta in UK.