Saturday 20 August 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1938). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Loup Chretien and Alain Vivien.
Spawn of the North, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1938 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Jean-Loup Chretien
- Alain Vivien: French politician.
- Robert Graham: Sculptor.
- Jean-Loup Jaques Marie Chretien: France -- Cosmonaut (T-6, TM-7, STS 86).
- Anne Cameron: Canadian novelist, poet, screenwriter and short story writer.
- Peter Day: English chemist and academic.
- Lou Gehrig hits his 23rd career grand slam : a record that still stands.