Saturday 20 August 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Loup Jaques Marie Chretien and Anne Cameron.
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1938 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Jean-Loup Jaques Marie Chretien: France -- Cosmonaut (T-6, TM-7, STS 86).
- Anne Cameron: Canadian novelist, poet, screenwriter and short story writer.
- Peter Day: English chemist and academic.
- Alain Vivien: French politician.
- Lou Gehrig hits his 23rd career grand slam : a record that still stands.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?