Friday 20 December 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jillian Grace and Gilbert Kirwa.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Secrets by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Benny Hill's Madcap Chase or The Fairyland Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1985 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
Famous Birthdays:20 December
- Denis Potvin passes Bobby Orr as NHL defenseman scorer (916 points).
- Howard Cosell retires from television sports after 20 years with ABC.
- Position of American Poet Laureate established (Robert Warren is first).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- Arcadia - Election Day
- Klymaxx - I Miss You
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- ZZ Top - Sleeping Bag
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 December 1985
- Denver Broncos - Seattle Seahawks : 27 - 24
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?