Tuesday 20 January 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 2009). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Coraline, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Fire And Ice by Julie Garwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island or Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 January 2009 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 January
- Stephanos II Ghattas: Patriarch Emeritus of Alexandria for the Coptic Catholic Church (Born 1920).
- Stan Hagen: Canadian politician (Born 1940).
- Sheila O'Nions Walsh (aka Sheila Walsh: Sophie Leyton), English romance writer (Born 1928).
- David Newman: American jazz musician, nicknamed ''Fathead'' (Born 1933).
- Barack Hussein Obama is inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States.
- Italian carmaker Fiat and American carmaker Chrysler agree to a global strategic alliance. Fiat will get a 35 percent stake in Chrysler, which will get access to Fiat's fuel-efficient vehicle technologies.
- Israel completes the withdrawal of its Defense Forces from the Gaza Strip. (''The Australian'')
- Kidnappers release Greek shipping magnate Periklis Panagopoulos after a record ransom payment. (AFP via News Limited)
- The United Kingdom's consumer price inflation falls from 4.1% in November 2008 to 3.1% in December 2008. (BBC)
- The Rwandan Defense Forces and Congolese Armed Forces jointly search the Democratic Republic of the Congo for Hutu leaders who participated in the 1994 Rwandan genocide. (''Washington Post'')
- Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th and first African-American President of the United States. (BBC)
- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy suffers a seizure and collapses during a private inauguration lunch. (ABC News Australia)
- Russia resumes transmitting natural gas to Europe via Ukraine. (Sky News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 January 2009
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Oxford - Forest Green : 2 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Leyton Orient - Southend : 1 - 1
- Peterboro - Milton Keynes Dons : 0 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Notts County : 2 - 2
- Dag and Red - Exeter : 1 - 2
- Port Vale - Gillingham : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
- Trading Places - Usher
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A court battle between M&T and Deutsche Bank demonstrates the arguments over who should pay for the collapse of collateralized debt obligations. [..]
Fiat is nearing a deal to take a 35 percent stake in Chrysler and begin selling small cars in the United States. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $48.08
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $39.99
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $51.03
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.43
- 1 CHF = 5.9667 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.4015 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9033 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.4436 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?