Thursday 20 July 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miroslav "Standa" Bares and George McGovern.
A Trip to Paramountown, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1922!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1922 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- George McGovern: Politician.
- Miroslav "Standa" Bares: Czech / Dutch actor / director (Billy Budd).
- Alan Stephenson Boyd: American politician.
- Joachim Berendt: German music journalist, book author and producer specialized on Jazz.
- Jean Gregoire: France sport Champion.
- Alan Boyd: American lawyer and politician 1st United States Secretary of Transportation.
- Andrey Markov: Russian mathematician and theorist (d. 1922).
- Togo made a mandate of the League of Nations.
- The League of Nations awards mandates of Togoland to France and Tanganyika to the United Kingdom.
- Undated ndash Hyperinflation in Germany means that 563 marks are now needed to buy a single American dollar - almost double the 263 needed eight months ago and dwarfing the mere 12 needed in April 1929 and even the 47 needed in December of that year.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Teasin' - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- In the Little Red School House - American Quartet
- Gee, But I Hate to Go Home Alone - Billy Jones