Wednesday 20 July 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Schroeder and Francis Blanche.
Out of Luck, directed by Bert Klasey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1921 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Ted Schroeder: American professional tennis player who won the Men's Singles championship in 1949.
- Frederick Schroeder Jr: Tennis champ (US Open-1942).
- Francis Blanche: French actor and humorist.
- Frederick Schroeder: Newark sports Champions.
- Henri Alleg: English-French journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Air mail service begins between New York City and San Francisco.
- Congresswoman Alice Mary Robertson became the first woman to preside over the US House of Representatives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cherie - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- My Man (Mon Homme) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Found a Rose in the Devil's Garden - Sterling Trio