Thursday 20 July 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Blink by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Series of Pop Culture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CellFactor: Combat Training or Bratz Babyz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 July 2006 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 July
- Gerard Oury: French filmmaker (Born 1919).
- Ethiopian troops enter Somalian territory.
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Two Israeli Apache helicopters collide, leaving five injured. A pilot has reportedly died. (National Nine News)
- Iran states that it is determined to produce nuclear fuel on its territory. It will respond officially to a Western incentive package on August 22, 2006. (Reuters)
- Internet censorship: In India, public outcry at the recent blocking of some blogs results in a statement by that country's government that the occurrence was a ampquottechnological error,ampquot and that immediate steps will be taken to resolve the issue. (IHT)
- A column of Ethiopian Army vehicles invades Somalia, reaching the town of Baidoa. They have stated that they are willing to defend Somalia's Transitional Federal Parliament from the Islamic Courts Union. (BBC)
- The U.S. grand jury investigating baseball player Barry Bonds for possible perjury and tax evasion charges is set to expire today. It was extended and Bonds was not indicted. Greg Anderson, Bonds' trainer, was released from a federal prison in Dublin, California, after having been jailed for refusing to give evidence. (NBC)
- The opposition Cook Islands Party wins a byelection in Matavera, leaving the Government without a majority. Prime Minister Jim Marurai is not conceding defeat. (Radio NZ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?