Thursday 27 September 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 27, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Misha Dichter in Shanghai and Bryan Ferry.
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1945 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Bryan Ferry: Musician.
- Misha Dichter in Shanghai: China; pianist (Tchaikowsy second prize-1966).
- Max Boyce: Welsh comedian.
- Kay Ryan: American poet.
- Jack Goldstein: Canadian-American painter (d. 2003).
- Bob Spiers: Scottish-English director and producer (d. 2008).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Lily Belle - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- The Blond Sailor - Andrews Sisters