Friday 20 June 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armored Brigade or Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2008 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 June
- The Janus-2 satellite is launched from the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, atop a Delta-2 rocket. The satellite will be used for measuring the shape of the world's oceans.
- A female Iranian student who accused the vice-chancellor of her university of sexually harassing her was arrested. The charges against her aren't clear. The vice-chancellor was also arrested. BBC News
- 2008 Pacific typhoon season: Typhoon Fengshen in the Philippines
- UAE wins the first ever Arab Cup of Ice Hockey by defeating Kuwait 4-1. (National Team Scores)
- Thai Political Crisis
- Police in Nepal detain more than 700 Tibetan exiles protesting outside the Chinese embassy and arrest three activists for alleged anti-China activities. (AFP via Google News)
- Phoenix lander exploration of Mars
- Twelve people are trampled to death trying to escape a police raid in northern Mexico City. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?