Tuesday 20 May 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Séjourné and James McEachin in Pennert.
Hell's Angels, directed by Howard Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1930 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- René Séjourné: French Catholic clergyman, a former aide to Pope John Paul II and Bishop Emeritus of Saint-Flour.
- James McEachin in Pennert: North Carolina, USA; actor (Harry - Tenafly).
- Robert Bunyard: Commandant (British Police Staff College).
- Sam Etcheverry: American football player and coach (d. 2009).
- 1st airplane catapulted from a dirigible, Charles Nicholson, pilot
- University of California dedicates $1,500 to research on prevention and cure of athlete's foot.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?