Friday 20 May 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 20, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
X-Men: First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Sixkill by Robert B. Parker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crimson: Steam Pirates or Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 May 2011 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 May
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Syrian security forces fire into crowds of demonstrators, as thousands protest across the country after Friday prayers. (''The Australian'')
- At least 30 people are killed in the protests, according to human rights activists. (''Voice of America'')
- Human Rights Watch calls on the Lebanese government to grant asylum to people fleeing from Syria. (Al-Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- The family of Anton Hammerl, a South African journalist missing in Libya since 5 April 2011, claim that he was shot by forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi. (IOL News)
- The Government of France claims that four French nationals held in Libya since May 11 will be released. (Al Jazeera)
- At least one person is killed and ten people injured following an explosion in the Pakistani city of Peshawar, with a United States consular convoy targeted by the Pakistani Taliban. (Reuters via Alert Net)
- Claude Choules, the last person alive to have fought in World War I, is buried in the West Australian port of Fremantle, having died aged 110 on 5 May. (''Melbourne Age'')
- The New York City Opera announces plans to leave the Lincoln Center. (''New York Times'')
- The Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) announces its financial results, with a 1 trillion Japanese yen loss predicted due to the Fukushima I nuclear accidents and the resignation of Masataka Shimizu as president of the utility following Japan's highest ever annual loss. (AP via Yahoo News)
- The International Monetary Fund approves a 26 billion euro loan to Portugal as part of a joint bailout package with the European Union to try to resolve the European sovereign debt crisis. (AFP via Google News)
- The TMX Group, parent corporation of the Toronto Stock Exchange, rejects an acquisition offer from a consortium of Canadian banks, opening the way to an expected deal with the London Stock Exchange. (Reuters)
- More than 850 people are injured after a train collision in Soweto, South Africa. (RTE)
- A mini-tornado hits the suburb of Canning Vale in Perth, Western Australia. (''WA Today'')
- A disaster alert is issued for Fiji, after giant waves triggered by a deep pressure system in the Southern Ocean hit the Coral Coast. (Radio Australia)
- Travel on the Mississippi River is closed for five miles near the US city of Baton Rouge, Louisiana due to flooding. (''Associated Press'')
- Georgia becomes the first country to recognize the 19th-century Russian military campaign against the Circassians in the northwest Caucasus as a ampquotgenocideampquot. (Reuters)
- Japan agrees to join an international child custody agreement under the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. (Kyodo)
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il reportedly visits China, the third such visit in a year. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 May 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Granada - Villarreal B : 3 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Istres : 2 - 0
- Chateauroux - Sedan : 1 - 0
- Dijon - Boulogne : 1 - 1
- Grenoble - Clermont : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Empoli - Torino : 1 - 1
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Buyuksehyr - Manisaspor : 0 - 0
- Galatasaray - Konyaspor : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.65
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.76
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $88.10
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.01
- 1 CHF = 7.3986 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6704 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9011 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.921 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?