Saturday 6 May 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominika Cibulková and Bobby Bazini.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Shark or Day of the Viper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1989 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Dominika Cibulková: Slovakian tennis player.
- Bobby Bazini: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Nanna Hilmarsdottir: Folk Singer.
- Chris Brown: Musician.
- Amra Sadiković: Swiss tennis player.
- Earl Blaik: former American football coach (Born 1897).
- 115th Kentucky Derby: Pat Valenzuela on Sunday Silence wins in 2:05.
- Cedar Point opens Magnum XL-200, the first roller coaster to break the 200 ft height barrier, therefore spawning what is considered to be the ''coaster wars''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Skyy - Start Of A Romance
- Guy - I Like
- Karyn White - Love Saw It
- Alyson Williams - Sleep Talk
- Boy George - Don't Take My Mind On A Trip
- Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
- Tribute (Right On) - The Pasadenas
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus With George Michael
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Vete Con Ella - Lucerito
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?