Thursday 30 June 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Marquette and Keone Madrid.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
A Fish Called Wanda, directed by Charles Crichton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Rock Star by Jackie Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ATF (Advanced Tactical Fighter) or Jordan vs. Bird: One on One.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 June 1988 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Sean Marquette: American actor.
- Keone Madrid: Dancer.
- YandereDev : YouTube Star.
- Dave Stephens: Metal Singer.
- Jack Douglass: YouTube Star.
- Jeff Kobernus: American baseball player.
- Sledge Hammer! last aires on ABC-TV
- Brooklyn dedicates a bus depot honoring Jackie Gleason
- The Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, providing the second connection between the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus.
- Iran Air Flight 655 is shot down by a missile launched from the USS ''Vincennes''.
- The Piper Alpha production platform in the North Sea is destroyed by explosions and fires, killing 165 oil workers and 2 rescue mariners.
- The first reported medical waste on beaches in the Greater New York area (including hypodermic needles and syringes possibly infected with the AIDS virus) washes ashore on Long Island. Subsequent medical waste discoveries on beaches in Coney Island and in Monmouth County, New Jersey force the closure of numerous New York–area beaches in the middle of one of the hottest summers on record in the American Northeast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?