Sunday 8 October 1939US date format: 10/8/1939, UK date format: 8/10/1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Hogan and Jean-Claude Gaudin.
Sabotage, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1939 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paul Hogan: Australian actor and screenwriter who is...
- Jean-Claude Gaudin: French politician for Union for a...
- Giuseppe Beghetto
- Harvey Pekar: American comic book writer (Born 1939).
- Elvīra Ozoliņa: Latvian javelin thrower.
- Harry Kroto: Scientist.
- Lynne Stewart: American civil liberties lawyer.
- Clive James: Writer.
- Armando Gentilucci: Composer.
- Elvira Ozolina: USSR -- Javelin thrower (1960 Olympics -...
- New York Yankees sweep Cincinnati Reds in 36th World Series, fourth straight World Series win.
- World War II: Germany annexes Western Poland.