Friday 21 September 1990
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Allison Scagliotti-Smith and Tyler Summitt.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
King of New York, directed by Abel Ferrara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Dreamstone.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Brigade or European Soccer Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1990 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Allison Scagliotti-Smith: American actress.
- Tyler Summitt: American basketball player and the head women's basketball coach at Louisiana Tech University.
- Allison Scagliotti: TV Actress.
- Phoebe Ryan: Pop Singer.
- Anna Gardner: YouTube Star.
- Christian Serratos: American actress, model and singer
- Al-Farouq Aminu: American basketball player
- Danny Batth: English footballer
- Ivan Dorschner: American-Filipino model and actor
- Takis Kanellopoulos: Greek director producer and screenwriter (d. 1990).
- Pirate Bobby Bond is 2nd to hit 30 HRs and steal 50 bases in a season (so he can play in 6 decades) because it is a publicity stunt
- Faye Vincent turns down Chicago White Sox bid to reinstate Minnie Minoso, 68, (so he can play in six decades) because it is a publicity stunt.
- Oakland Athletics' Bob Welch becomes the first 25-game winner in ten years.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?