Sunday 16 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angharad Rees .
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1944 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Angharad Rees: English-Welsh actress and jewellery designer (d. 2012).
- John Post: Dutch farmer / resistance fighter (passage fight), executed.
- Dodgers score 8 unearned runs against Braves to win 8-5 and break their 16-game losing streak, they will lose another 5 in a row
- WWII: The first contingent of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force arrives in Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Amor - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- I'll Walk Alone - Martha Tilton
- Louise - Russ Morgan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?