Thursday 22 December 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, directed by Stephen Daldry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Layover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DC Universe Online or The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 December 2011 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 December
- At least 72 people are killed and 169 wounded in a series of 16 bombing attacks in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, shortly after the final withdrawal of American forces from Iraq. (CNN)
- The United States admits it was significantly responsible for an airstrike last month that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers. (BBC)
- Killings and coverups are reported to be occurring in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
- The first monitors from the Arab League arrive in Syria to assess the government's crack-down on anti-government demonstrations across the country. (PA)
- Egypt's military-appointed Prime Minister Kamal Ganzouri calls for national dialogue after weeks of deadly protests against the military regime. (''Al-Masry Al-Youm'')
- Floods hit the city of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing at least 13 people in the nation's worst floods since its independence in 1961. (BBC)
- Police in Brazil seek to press charges for environmental crimes committed by the United States oil company Chevron and drilling firm Transocean in relation to last month's Campos Basin oil spill. (BBC)
- An Australian teenager is jailed for 13 years for the killing of Nitin Garg in Melbourne, a case that led to a diplomatic row and fury over racism. (BBC)
- Teargas is fired and protesters arrested in Haimen, southern China, in a demonstration against the construction of a power plant. (RTHK)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev proposes political reforms at his final state-of-the-nation address. (''New York Times'')
- Italy's senate debates the proposed economic austerity measures of Prime Minister Mario Monti. (BBC)
- France's National Assembly votes in favour of a bill criminalising any denial that the mass killing of Armenians by the Ottoman Empire in the 1910s was genocide. (BBC)
- The Large Hadron Collider makes its first clear observation of a new particle since opening in 2009, the boson Chiampsubampbamp/subamp 3P. (BBC)
- A KNVB Cup game between AFC Ajax and AZ is abandoned after the AZ manager leads his team off the pitch in protest at the sending-off of his goalkeeper, Esteban Alvarado, who kicked an Ajax fan who attacked him. (Sky Sports)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 December 2011
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Tottenham - Chelsea : 1 - 1
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Besiktas - Karabukspor : 1 - 0
- Gaziantepspor - Bursaspor : 2 - 2
- Genclerbirligi - Buyuksehyr : 4 - 0
- Trabzonspor - Orduspor : 4 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Lotus Flower Bomb - Wale Featuring Miguel
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Dance (A$$) - Big Sean Featuring Nicki Minaj
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Make Me Proud - Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Headlines - Drake
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- 5 O'Clock - T-Pain Featuring Wiz Khalifa & Lily Allen
- You The Boss - Rick Ross Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- El Verdadero Amor Perdona - Mana Featuring Prince Royce
- Lovumba (Prestige) - Daddy Yankee
- Te Quiero A Morir - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Para No Perderte - Espinoza Paz
- Maquina Del Tiempo - Tito "El Bambino" Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Nada Iguales - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.83
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $103.08
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.72
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $25.53
- 1 CHF = 6.7752 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.2143 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9167 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.426 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?