Monday 26 December 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Love College.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Rock Shooter: The Game or Dino D-Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 December 2011 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 December
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Renewed violence takes place in the city of Homs as Arab League observers arrive in Syria to monitor the country's ongoing uprising. (BBC)
- Brazil surpasses the United Kingdom to become the world's sixth-largest economy. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people are left without power after one of the biggest storms for 30 years hits Scandinavia. (Al Jazeera)
- France refuses to extradite journalist and former court spokeswoman Florence Hartmann, indicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) for contempt of court. (AP)
- The government of China sentences activist Chen Xi to ten years imprisonment for ampquotinciting subversionampquot. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- In American football, Drew Brees, the quarterback for the New Orleans Saints, breaks the 1984 National Football League record for yards passing in a single season. (AP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 December 2011
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Waregem : 1 - 0
- Genk - Cercle Brugge : 4 - 2
- Gent - Westerlo : 3 - 1
- Germinal - Lierse : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Blackpool : 1 - 3
- Birmingham - West Ham : 1 - 1
- Burnley - Doncaster : 3 - 0
- Coventry - Bristol City : 1 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Telford United - Wrexham : 0 - 2
- Alfreton Town - Tamworth : 5 - 2
- Barrow - Stockport : 1 - 0
- Cambridge - Braintree Town : 2 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Ayr - Raith Rvs : 1 - 1
- Dundee - Morton : 0 - 1
- Falkirk - Ross County : 1 - 1
- Hamilton - Livingston : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?