Friday 30 December 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pretty Much It.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing APOX or Dance Dance Revolution II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 December 2011 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 December
- Former Chinese fugitive Lai Changxing is indicted on bribery and smuggling charges. (''New York Times'')
- Five fighters from the militant group al-Shabab and one Kenyan Army soldier die in a clash. (AP via Google News)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Opposition Free Syrian Army claims to have suspended attacks on military targets pending a meeting with Arab League monitors. (Reuters)
- Clashes take place between Syrian forces and protesters in Damascus with twelve deaths reported. (ABC News Australia)
- An explosion reportedly occurs outside a mosque in the northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri with four deaths reported. However, the Nigerian military later denies it was an explosion, claiming the noise was caused by an armed robbery with two deaths. (AFP via Yahoo7)
- The stock for McDonald's rose 31 percent in 2011, the largest gain in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, while Bank of America fell 59 percent, the largest loss in the Dow Jones. (CNN)
- Members of the Canadian Auto Workers vote in favour of a strike at Caterpillar Inc's locomotive manufacturing plant in London, Ontario. (''Globe and Mail'')
- The death toll from the 2011 Thailand floods reaches 790. (''Jakarta Post'')
- Cyclone Thane makes landfall near the southern Union Territory of Pondicherry on India's southern coast. (Reuters via Yahoo)
- North Korea says that ampquotfoolish politicians around the worldampquot should not expect any change in the country's policies. (Al Jazeera)
- Ecuador vows to protect the Yasuni National Park in the Amazon basin after international donors contribute $100 million to a protection fund. (Reuters via Climate Spectator)
- The international aid group Médecins Sans Frontières withdraws non-Somali workers from a hospital in Mogadishu after two of its aid workers were shot dead on Thursday. (Reuters via ''Chicago Tribune'')
- The opposition People's National Party wins a majority in the Jamaican general election, with former Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller set to regain office. (''Jamaica Gleaner'')
- 2011 Yemeni uprising:
- Supporters of Saleh also appear on the streets in a counter protest. (Reuters via ''Malaysia Star'')
- The party of Democratic Republic of the Congo politician Étienne Tshisekedi says he has been placed under house arrest in Kinshasa since he claimed to have won the presidential election earlier this year. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- In yachting, the New South Wales boat ''Loki'' is declared the overall winner of the 2011 Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 December 2011
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Southampton - Bristol City : 0 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Huddersfield - Carlisle : 1 - 1
- Tranmere - Bury : 2 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Rotherham : 1 - 0
- Crawley Town - Barnet : 1 - 0
- Dag and Red - Gillingham : 2 - 1
- Hereford - Accrington : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Liverpool - Newcastle : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?