Sunday 11 December 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Shuggy or Battleheart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 11 December 2011 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Hundreds of army defectors battle Syrian government troops in the south of the country, in one of the largest confrontations since the uprising began. (Al Jazeera)
- A general strike is observed in several regions of Syria. (''The Telegraph'')
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Hundreds of thousands of protesters demonstrate in Yemen calling for the trial of President Ali Abdullah Saleh. (Voice of Russia)
- Two people are injured during a gun battle at Tripoli International Airport between militia and the Libyan army. (IOL)
- North Korea warns of ampquotunexpected consequencesampquot if South Korea lights a Christmas tree near their mutual border. (Yonhap)
- The 2011 United Nations Climate Change Conference finishes in Durban in South Africa with an agreement to begin negotiations on a new treaty. (''USA Today'')
- Former leader of Panama Manuel Noriega is extradited home from France and the United States where he has been serving jail sentences for the past 22 years to serve more time for his role in the murder of political opponents. (LA Times)
- A 16-year-old teenager in the U.S. state of Ohio is charged with murder in a deadly Craigslist robbery scheme. (ABC)
- International monitors say that elections in the Democratic Republic of the Congo lacked credibility. (AP via Google News)
- Parliamentary elections take place in Côte d'Ivoire. (BBC)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev orders an inquiry into the disputed results of the parliamentary elections. (Reuters)
- Around 1,000 people protest in Taipei, demanding that the government make a weekly day off a legal right for Taiwan's 200,000 foreign live-in caregivers. (''Straits Times'')
- Dominique de Villepin announces his candidacy for President of France. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?