Wednesday 7 December 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 7, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Layover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bodycount or Bug Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 December 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 December 2011 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 December
- The United States commemorates the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawai'i. (AP via WVEC)
- The board of Japan's Olympus Corporation announces its plans to resign early next year due to its accounting scandal. (Reuters)
- The former President of Israel Moshe Katsav arrives at a prison outside Tel Aviv to start a seven year term for rape. (BBC)
- Security expert and anti-corruption activist Alfredo Landaverde is killed in Honduras, a day after journalist Luz Marina Paz Villalobos is killed, leading to a ban on a motorcycle passengers. (NY Times)
- Former President of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev says that the Russian authorities must acknowledge the recent street protests, annul the results of Sunday’s parliamentary election and hold a new poll. (RT)
- Egypt's Freedom and Justice Party claims to have won a majority of seats in the runoff election. (Ynet News)
- The Russian Federal Space Agency officially gives up attempting to rescue Fobos-Grunt and Yinghuo-1, and expects them to fall back to Earth in January 2012. (Space.com)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 December 2011
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Granada - Mallorca : 2 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hull - Birmingham : 2 - 1
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Doxa Dramas - OFI : 0 - 1
- Excelsior - AZ Alkmaar : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Lotus Flower Bomb - Wale Featuring Miguel
- Headlines - Drake
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Dance (A$$) - Big Sean Featuring Nicki Minaj
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Body 2 Body - Ace Hood Featuring Chris Brown
- 5 O'Clock - T-Pain Featuring Wiz Khalifa & Lily Allen
- Make Me Proud - Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- El Verdadero Amor Perdona - Mana Featuring Prince Royce
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Te Quiero A Morir - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Lovumba (Prestige) - Daddy Yankee
- Maquina Del Tiempo - Tito "El Bambino" Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ayer - Enrique Iglesias
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Tonight - Seether
- Face To The Floor - Chevelle
- These Days - Foo Fighters
- Not Again - Staind
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Bank of America agrees to pay $315 million to settle claims by investors who say they were misled about mortgage securities offered by its Merrill Lynch unit. [..]
Lehman Brothers Holdings won court approval for its reorganization plan, allowing it to end the largest bankruptcy in American history. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.68
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.54
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.90
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $27.87
- 1 CHF = 6.8957 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.311 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9149 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.56 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?