Wednesday February 22, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Bohain and Alia Sabur.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Scandal, directed by Michael Caton-Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Don'T Bend Over In The Garden, Granny, You Know Them Taters Got Eyes by Lewis Grizzard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Forever Green.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dunk or Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1989 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Jennifer Bohain: French homicide victim at the age of three.
- Alia Sabur: American engineer lawyer and academic.
- Anna Sundstrand: Swedish singer dancer and actress (Play).
- Franco Vázquez: Argentinian footballer.
- 1st Spanish commercial on network TV (Pepsi-Cola-CBS Grammy Award)
- Fins ministry of Public health installs sex vacation to thwart stress
- UK physicist Stephen Hawking calls Star Wars a deliberate fraud
- US authors demonstrate against Iranian death treats against Salman Rushdie, author of Satanic Verses.
- 31st Grammy Awards: "Don't Worry Be Happy", Faith, Tracy Chapman.
- First Spanish commercial on US network TV (Pepsi-Cola-CBS Grammy Award).
- New York Lotto pays US$26.9 million to one winner (numbers are 1-5-12-19-44-50).
- United Kingdom physicist Stephen Hawking calls US Strategic Defence Initiative a "deliberate fraud".
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Information Society - Walking Away
Top #10 Latin songs
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- Aprendere - Ednita Nazario
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?