Tuesday January 22, 1974
US date format: 1/22/1974, UK date format: 22/1/1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 22, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Annette Frier and Stephanie Rottier in Saint Niklaas.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're Sixteen by Ringo Starr.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Joy Of Sex by Alex Comfort was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kli-Kla-Klawitter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 22, 1974?
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 22, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Al Green - Livin' For You
- The Temptations - Let Your Hair Down
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
- The Isley Brothers - What It Comes Down To
- Lamont Dozier - Trying To Hold On To My Woman
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- The Dells - I Miss You
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- The Moments - Sexy Mama
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 22If January 22, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 8 months, 2 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 29 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?