Saturday 22 January 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Scifres and Toddrick McIntosh.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1972 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Steve Scifres: Guard / tackle (Dallas Cowboys).
- Toddrick McIntosh: NFL defensive end (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Gonzalo Rodriguez: Uruguayan racing driver (d. 1999).
- Gabriel Macht: American actor.
- Katie Barberi: Mexican actress.
- Terry Hill: Australian rugby player and coach
- Romi Park: Japanese voice actress and singer
- Gonzalo Rodríguez: Uruguayan race car driver (d. 1999)
- Namrata Shirodkar: Indian model and actress Femina Miss India 1993
- Norberto Téllez: Cuban runner
- Emergency with Robert Fuller premieres on NBC TV
- 22nd NBA All-Star Game: West beats East 112-110 at Los Angeles, California.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 January 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Badfinger - Day After Day
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
- The Stylistics - You Are Everything
- The Jackson 5 - Sugar Daddy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?