Monday 24 January 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Walker and Raphael Graetz.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1972 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Jay Walker: quarterback (Minnesota Vikings).
- Raphael Graetz: WLAF linebacker (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Salima Davidson in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; volleyball setter (Olympics-1996).
- Shannon Garrett: Canadian Football League defensive back (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Daan Schuurmans: Dutch actor.
- Allison DuBois: American medium and criminal profiler whose work is the basis for 2005 TV show, "The Medium." The show, starring Patricia Arquette as DuBois, first aired in the United States on January 3, 2005. Kelsey Grammer, who had spotted DuBois on a reality show featuring psychics, became one of the executive producers of "Medium." DuBois' book "Don't Kiss Them Good-Bye," was published in November 2004.
- Ulla Werbrouck: Belgian judo athlete, the European champion in May 1996. At the Atlanta Olympics, he won a Gold Medal on 7/21/1996 in the under-72 kg class.
- Daniel Kawczynski: Polish-English accountant and politician
- Naoshi Mizuta: Japanese bass player and composer
- Jerome Cowan: Actor (Mr Dithers-Blondie), dies at 74.
- WRIP (now WDSI) TV channel 61 in Chattanooga, TN (IND) 1st broadcast
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 January 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Badfinger - Day After Day
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain
- The Stylistics - You Are Everything
- The Jackson 5 - Sugar Daddy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?