Sunday 23 January 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Harrell and Tanya Harding.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Tracy And Hepburn by Garson Kanin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1972 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Gary Harrell: NFL / WLAF receiver (New York Giants, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Tanya Harding: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Kez McCorvey: NFL wide receiver (Detroit Lions).
- Anthony Peterson NFL linebacker (Chicago Bears: San Francisco 49ers).
- Lea Drücker: French stage and film actress born in a jewish family, to a medical doctor (Jacques) and to an English teacher.
- Lisa Snowdon: British model and TV presenter
- Ewen Bremner: Scottish actor and producer
- Dmitry Shumkov: Russian lawyer and philanthropist (d. 2015)
- Marcel Wouda: Dutch swimmer and coach
- 2nd AFC-NFC pro bowl, AFC wins 26-13
- NFL Pro Bowl: AFC beats NFC 26-13
- Ard Schenk becomes European all-round skating champ.
- Bootlegger sells wood alcohol to wedding party-100 die-New Delhi, India.
- Entire population of Istanbul under 24 hour house arrest.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Badfinger - Day After Day
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
- The Stylistics - You Are Everything
- The Jackson 5 - Sugar Daddy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?