Saturday 15 January 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernie Reyes Jr in San Jose and Kimberly Anne Massaro in Saint Louis.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Cowboys, directed by Mark Rydell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Wunnerful, Wunnerful! by Lawrence Welk with Bernice McGeehan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boney.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1972 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Ernie Reyes Jr in San Jose: California, USA; actor (Ernie - Sidekicks).
- Kimberly Anne Massaro in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; Miss Missouri-America-5th (1996).
- Claudia Winkleman: English television presenter.
- Shelia Burrell: American heptathlete.
- Christos Kostis: Greek footballer.
- Ernie Reyes: Jr. American actor stuntman and martial artist
- Kobe Tai: Taiwanese-American porn actress and model
- Daisy Ashford: English child writer (The Young Visiters) (Born 1881).
- Heavyweight Joe Frazier knocks out Terry Daniels.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?