Wednesday 21 May 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elina Labourdette and Valencia (Spain).
Fool's Gold, directed by Laurence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1919 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Valencia (Spain)
- Elina Labourdette
- Mark Wood: Bishop (Ludlow).
- Lord Maxwell: senator/professor (college of Justice Scotland).
- Élina Labourdette: French actress, who died on 30 September 2014 at Mesnil-le-Roi.
- George Mitchell: American businessman, real estate developer and philanthropist from Texas credited with pioneering the economic extraction of shale gas.
- Yevgraf Fyodorov: Russian mathematician (Born 1853).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Arabian Nights - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- Sand Dunes - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Beautiful Ohio - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?