Saturday 22 October 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arsène Wenger and Katherine Pancol.
Passport to Pimlico, directed by Henry Cornelius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Egyptian by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Plainclothesman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 October 1949 ?
- Arsène Wenger: French soccer manager of the Arsenal Football Club that had been founded on 12/25/1886, Woolwich, England.
- Katherine Pancol
- John Norquist: American politician, the 37th mayor of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1988.
- Stiv Bators: American musician (The Dead Boys) (Born 1949).
- Arsene Wenger: French football manager.
- Vasilios Magginas: Greek politician Greek Minister of Employment (d. 2015).
- Manfred Trojahn: German flute player composer and conductor.
- Manfred Burgsmuller: WLAF kicker (Rhein Fire).
- Stiv Bators: American punk rock vocalist and guitarist.
- Yves-Marie Verove
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 10,000m (29:21.2)
- 200 killed in train derailment near Nowy Dwor, Poland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?