Friday 22 October 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carla Dunlap and Massimo Ghini.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Journal Of Edwin Carp by Richard Haydn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1954 ?
- Carla Dunlap: Newark, New Jersey -- Bodybuilder (Pumping Iron 2).
- Massimo Ghini: Italian actor who has worked with Franco Zeffirelli, Giorgio Strehler, Giuseppe Patroni Griffi, and Gabriele Lavia, among others.
- Graham Joyce: English author and educator (d. 2014).
- West Germany joins North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Ford Thunderbird cars arrive in dealer showrooms in the USA. 4,000 orders are placed on the first day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?