Sunday 3 October 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stevie Ray Vaughan and Al Sharpton.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Carmen Jones, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Donald O'Connor Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 3 October 1954 ?
- Stevie Ray Vaughan: American blues guitarist, dies in a helicopter crash at age 35 (born 1954).
- Al Sharpton: American clergyman, a minister and a Democratic activist.
- Christine Orban
- Dennis Eckersley: American baseball played, a right-handed pitcher who played with the Cleveland Indians (1975–1977), Boston Red Sox (1978–1984, 1998), Chicago Cubs (1984–1986), Oakland Athletics (1987–1995), and St. Louis Cardinals (1996–1997).
- Catriona MacColl
- David Azar: American homicide.
- Monika Griefahn: German politician, co-founder of Greenpeace Germany.
- Stevie Vaughan: American musician, a rock star considered by some to have been the greatest blues guitarist ever.
- Eddie DeGarmo: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (DeGarmo and Key).
- Herbert Prior: Actor (Pollyanna), dies at 87.
- Father Knows Best premieres
- KFVS TV channel 12 in Cape Girardeau, MO (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?