Wednesday 13 October 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mordechai Vanunu and Chico Bouchikhi.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Royal Box by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Halls of Ivy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1954 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Mordechai Vanunu: Israeli nuclear technician.
- Chico Bouchikhi: French pop singer and musician who founded the Gypsy Kings and then Chico and the Gypsies.
- George Frazier: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Claude Ribbe: French historian and academic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?