Monday 11 October 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vojislav Seselj and Danny Sugerman.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Producers' Showcase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1954 ?
- Vojislav Seselj: Serbian politician.
- Danny Sugerman: American writer, a screenwriter and the manager of the 1960’s group, "The Doors," Sugerman co-wrote, with Jerry Hopkins, a best-selling biography of Jim Morrison titled "No One Gets Out Alive.
- David Michaels: American epidemiologist and politician.
- Vojislav Šešelj: Serbian lawyer and politician Deputy Prime Minister of Serbia.
- Atsuko Takahata: Japanese actress.
- On Your Toes opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 64 performances
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Ad caeli Reginam
- First Indochina War: The Viet Minh take control of North Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?