Monday 29 October 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dietrich Manicke and Carl Djerassi.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1923 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Dietrich Manicke: Composer.
- Carl Djerassi: Austrian-American chemist, novelist, and playwright best known for his contribution to the development of oral contraceptive pills and the use of physical methods in organic chemistry as well as on structure elucidation of natural products (notably steroids), an area in which he published over 1000 papers.
- Gerda van der Kade-Koudijs: Dutch runner hurdler and long jumper (d. 2015).
- Army move SPD / KPD-Government to German part of Saxon
- Textile strike in Enschede Neth, against lower wages, begins
- Turkey declares independence (successor state to Ottoman Empire)
- Turkey becomes a republic following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
- Runnin' Wild (introducing the Charleston dance) opens on Broadway.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 October 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cut Yourself a Piece of Cake - Ted Lewis & His Band
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Frank Crumit
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?