Friday 22 September 1905
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugen Sanger and Haakon Lie.
The Little Train Robbery, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1905!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1905 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Eugen Sanger: Austrian aerospace engineer (d. 1964).
- Haakon Lie: Norwegian politician who served as party secretary of the Labour Party from 1945 to 1969.
- Fritz Winter: German artist, abstract painter.
- Eugen Sänger: Czech-Austrian engineer (d. 1964).
- 11th US Golf Open: Willie Anderson shoots a 314 at Myopia Club, Massachusetts
- Race riot in Atlanta Georgia (10 blacks and two whites killed).