Wednesday 6 September 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William McEwan Younger and William Younger.
The Little Train Robbery, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1905!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1905 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- William McEwan Younger
- Willem Brandt: Dutch poet, writer, journalist and Freemason, who was known under the pseudonym Willem Brandt.
- William Younger: Scottish entrepreneur, the Chairman and Managing Director of Scottish and Newcastle Breweries Lts, 1960, and Director of Scottish TV.
- Pierre Houriez: Iwuy EXecutives.
- Otto Liiv: Estonian historian and archivist (d. 1942).
- General Trade journal publishes 1st Dutch photo (train accident)
- Chicago White Sox Frank Smith no-hits Detroit Tigers, 15-0.
- Atlanta Life Insurance Company established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1905 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Irish Molly-O - Billy Murray
- Give My Regards to Broadway - S. H. Dudley