Sunday 13 December 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
3 Idiots, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Albert Schweitzer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tomodachi Collection or SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 December 2009 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 December
- Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair states in an interview that he would have gone to war in Iraq even if he had known that it had no weapons of mass destruction. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown makes an unannounced visit to Afghanistan to support British forces deployed as part of the International Security Assistance Force and to hold talks with Afghan President Hamid Karzai. (BBC)
- Danish police arrest 200 protesters heading for Copenhagen harbour, on the second day of demonstrations at the United Nations Climate Change Conference. (AP)
- Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei accuses the pro-reform opposition of breaking the law after state television allegedly showed opposition supporters destroying images of founder Ruhollah Khomeini.
- Joe McElderry wins the sixth series of the UK version of ITV's The X Factor produced by FremantleMedia's talkbackTHAMES and Simon Cowell's Syco TV. This meant that Cheryl Cole was the first mentor to win two consecutive series. (BBC)
- Voters in Chile go to the polls in presidential and parliamentary elections. (Reuters)
- Over 100 suspected Islamic militants break into a prison in the Philippine city of Isabela, freeing at least 31 inmates and killing two, including a prison guard. (BBC)
- Chinese President Hu Jintao opens the Kazakhstan–China oil pipeline connecting central Asia to China. (BBC)
- The Sarejevo-Belgrade rail link resumes between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia after 18 years. (AP)
- Violence erupts in Turkey after the Constitutional Court of Turkey bans the Democratic Society Party over its alleged terrorist links. (''The Guardian'')
- India successfully test fires its nuclear-capable ampquotDhanushampquot missile off the Orissa coast. (''The Hindu'')
- Global consulting firm Accenture and multinational corporation Procter Gamble end their endorsement deals with golfer Tiger Woods following a marital infidelity controversy. (Bloomberg)
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is hit in the face and knocked to the ground after a political rally in Milan. (CNN)
- Leaders of north and south Sudan reach a deal on a referendum for the south's independence in 2011. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 December 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Inter : 1 - 1
- Catania - Livorno : 0 - 1
- Chievo - Fiorentina : 2 - 1
- Lazio - Genoa : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Gent - Genk : 2 - 1
- Waregem - Cercle Brugge : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Mainz - Stuttgart : 1 - 1
- Wolfsburg - Dortmund : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Union Berlin : 1 - 1
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Oberhausen : 2 - 0
- St Pauli - Greuther Furth : 2 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Papers - Usher
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Baby By Me - 50 Cent Featuring Ne-Yo
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
Top #10 Latin songs
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Gracias A Ti - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Enrique Iglesias
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Muse - Uprising
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Jars - Chevelle
- Savior - Rise Against
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The ownership of the e-book rights to older titles is a growing source of conflict in the publishing industry. [..]
The first American Nobel laureate in economics was the foremost academic economist of the 20th century. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?