Monday 18 September 1905US date format: 9/18/1905, UK date format: 18/9/1905
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greta Garbo and Greta Garbo in Stockholm.
The Little Train Robbery, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1905!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1905 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Greta Garbo: Swedish-American actress, one of the most magical and famous of the stars of the silver screen.
- Greta Garbo in Stockholm: Sweden; actress (Ninotchka, Grand Hotel, Camille).
- Eddie Anderson: American actor (d. 1977).
- Guido Gonella: Italian lawyer, journalist, politician, minister, christian democrat; founded clandestine newspaper "popolo" 1943.
- Eddie "Rochester" Anderson: Oakland, California -- Actor (Jack Benny Show).
- : American actor and singer (d. 1977).
- Agnes de Mille: US dancer / choreographer (Oklahoma!), dies at 88.
- Charles Ptacek: Austrian-American businessman in Atlanta, Ga.
- George MacDonald: Scottish author, poet, and Christian minister.
- Electric tramline opens in Rotterdam.