Thursday 28 September 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Max Schmeling and William Northam.
The Little Train Robbery, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1905!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1905 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Max Schmeling: German boxing champion, the first and only German to win the world heavy-weight boxing championship on a foul from Jack Sharkey on 7/12/1930.
- William Northam: Austria -- Yachtsman (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Max Schmeling Germany: world heavyweight boxing champion (1930-32).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1905 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- My Irish Molly O - Harry Tally
- Would You Care? - Byron G. Harlan
- Dearie - Harry Macdonough
- Tammany - Billy Murray
- Little Johnny Jones Medley - Vess Ossman