Thursday 22 September 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victor Stevenson and Joan Jett in Philadelphia.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Leopard by Guiseppe di Lampedusa was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guestward Ho!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1960 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Victor Stevenson: CFL tackle (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Joan Jett in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; singer (Blackhearts - "I Love Rock 'n Roll").
- Scott Baio in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Joanie loves Chachi, Charles in Charge, Zapped).
- Tai Babilonia: American ice skater paired with Randy Gardner when she was eight and he, ten, in 1970 by their coach to achieve a precision mirror-image grace.
- Yitzhak Herzog: Commonly known in English as Isaac Herzog, is an Israeli politician and lawyer.
- Mali (formerly French Sudan) declares independence from France
- The Sudanese Republic is renamed Mali after the withdrawal of Senegal from the Mali Federation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?