Friday 16 September 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Marie Allen and Jayne Brook.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Tormented, directed by Bert I. Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Strategy Of Peace by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Our House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1960 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Lisa Marie Allen
- Jayne Brook: American actress.
- Philippe Gauckler: French cartoonist who has designed covers for "Présence du futur," "Je Bouquine" and "Journal de Mickey.
- Kurt Busiek: American comic book writer.
- Ean Evans: American bass player (Lynyrd Skynyrd and Outlaws) (d. 2009).
- Mickey Tettleton: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Catcher (Texas Rangers).
- Danny John-Jules: English actor singer and dancer.
- Yianna Katsoulos: American-French singer.
- Mike Mignola: American author and illustrator.
- Graham Haynes: American trumpet player and composer.
- Lisa Allen: American skater, a stunning blonde with peerless form.
- Mil Brave Warren Spahn no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 4-0
- Amos Alonzo Stagg retires as a football coach at age 98.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool In Love
- Sugar Pie DeSanto - I Want To Know
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Etta James - If I Can't Have You
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Jackie Wilson - A Woman, A Lover, A Friend
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - The Twist
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?