Monday 19 September 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Mozer and Loic Bigois.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Sunrise at Campobello, directed by Vincent J. Donehue, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Daughters And Rebels by Jessica Mitford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Our House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1960 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Carlos Mozer
- Loic Bigois: French engineer.
- Michael Skakel: American suspect in a high-profile murder case, the 10/30/1985 beating death of 15-year-old Martha Moxley, a childhood friend.
- Mario Batali: American chef and restaurateur.
- Julianna Young: Fort Campbell, Kentucky -- Playmate (Nov, 1993).
- Yolanda Saldívar: American murderer.
- Tonja Walker: American model actress and singer.
- Loïc Bigois: French aerodynamicist and engineer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool In Love
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Sugar Pie DeSanto - I Want To Know
- Clyde McPhatter - Ta Ta
- Jackie Wilson - A Woman, A Lover, A Friend
- Etta James - If I Can't Have You
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - The Twist
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?