Thursday 15 September 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Vanderpump and Ed Solomon.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Tormented, directed by Bert I. Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while May This House Be Safe From Tigers by Alexander King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Our House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1960 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Lisa Vanderpump: Businesswoman.
- Ed Solomon: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Scott Thompson in Baker: Minneapolis, USA; actor (General Hospital, All My Children).
- Scott Baker: American actor and soap opera star, he has been seen on "General Hospital," "All My Children," and "The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Kevin Allen: Welsh actor and director.
- France spends 9 billion guilders on atomic experiments
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool In Love
- Sugar Pie DeSanto - I Want To Know
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Etta James - If I Can't Have You
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Jackie Wilson - A Woman, A Lover, A Friend
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - The Twist
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?