Friday 23 September 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bertrand de Broc and Mitchell Anderson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Sunrise at Campobello, directed by Vincent J. Donehue, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Our House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1960 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Bertrand de Broc
- John Rocca: English funk singer (Southern Freeze).
- Mitchell Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for three seasons beginning in 1982.
- Bertrand De Broc: French yachtsman, sailed dinghies, optimists, 420s and sports cats.
- Luis Moya: Spanish race car driver.
- Kathlyn Williams: Actress (Single Man), dies of heart attack at 72.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kiddio - Brook Benton
- The Twist - Chubby Checker
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- A Fool In Love - Ike & Tina Turner
- Finger Poppin' Time - Hank Ballard And The Midnighters
- I Want To Know - Sugar Pie DeSanto
- Ta Ta - Clyde McPhatter
- A Woman, A Lover, A Friend - Jackie Wilson
- If I Can't Have You - Etta James
- The Twist - Hank Ballard And The Midnighters
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?