Saturday 22 September 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Normand D'Amour and Rob Stone in Chicago.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Carnival of Souls, directed by Herk Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Magnificent Destiny by Paul I. Wellman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jackie Gleason: American Scene Magazine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 22 September 1962 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Rob Stone in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Kevin - Mr Belvedere).
- Normand D'Amour: Canadian actor.
- Diogo Mainardi: Brazilian journalist.
- Rob Stone: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Kevin-Mr Belvedere).
- Marq Torien: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (BulletBoys and Ratt).
- Bob Dylan plays NYC Carnegie Hall
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?